Wednesday, December 20, 2006

bit of a story

Some of you might be wondering why I'm writing this entry.

Yes. I'm supposed to be skiing/snowboarding at this time. But the fact is, my knee hurt real bad yesterday and that prevents me to go ski. I tried to force it for some hours, but it got real bad, so I decided not to go today.

Oh well. There's always next time.

Am I upset? Not really. Wanna know the reason?

#1
My Wii got sold for $500 on eBay! ^^

For those of you who haven't followed the video game industry, Wii have become harder to find even more than PS3, although they shipped 4x amount PS3 does. Sometimes, you can still find PS3 on retail shelves, but almost zero chance for Wii. So, there was this rumour that Nintendo would have Wii in-stock on 12/17. Experience says that these babies would sell fast.

So yes, I waited in line for 6 hours on Sunday morning and was #3 in line for the last shipment of the year. This also had a very good story, but would be too long to tell here. Maybe when I got back.

#2
Barely walk back to the lodge yesterday after my knee hurt so bad. After returning my equipment I decided to watch some TV in the living room. I got a missed call from Ryder saying that they have a couple of positions available. So I called them back today and talk to the manager. The phone interview didn't go as well as I planned, but we'll see what happened. Getting the phone call itself already made me feel better despite the fact that I couldn't go ski.

The position is in Lafayette. You know where the Subaru factory is? Yep, Ryder is doing some consulting work for them. Cross your fingers guys. A position with Ryder would mean working in a factory environment and involves talking with clients. These are the kind of jobs I really want.

#3 I just beat the 1:28 odd of the Amazon lottery for a chance to buy a Wii! Amazon decided that it would be fair to put their Wii (and PS3) shipment on lottery so that everyone would have equal chance to get one. They required valid credit card saved to prevent multiple entries. So I bought one at the price of $259.98 + $9 shipped. NO TAX! (6% in Indiana: ~$14) The item should arrive on Friday. Still haven't decided what to do with this one. 20% of my heart says to keep it, 30% to sell it at retail price to someone I know (who I know won't sell it again), 50% says another eBay madness. (Fel anda masih mau tidak? Dipikir pikir dulu ya..)

That's about it for know. It's 3 PM and the rest should be done in an hour. I'm gonna grab some food and visit them at the park.

Later. Hope all are well.

2 comments:

dung2x said...

Mmmmm... you didn't happen to sell your Wii to somebody in Laffy as well did you? Hahaha..

Itu kemaren ada temenku di Laffy yg bilang dia baru menang beli Wii di ebay... hahaha...

It would be funny kalo ternyata anda yg jual :p

Unknown said...

Temen anda di Laffayete itu... Jontek? huahauha... kalo iya, dia waktu itu jg pernah ngerengek2 beli wii dari aku =p tapi akhirnya dia beli di ebay.. ehhe..